Early Childhood (0-7 years)
We know that each little one develops uniquely.
Timely therapy can make all the difference in your child’s development and enrich your family’s confidence while building capacity into the future.
Mamre’s therapy team will work closely with your family to understand your family values, what is important to you, as well as your goals, hopes and desires for your child.
Our specialised therapy services enable your child’s development across all areas including communication skills, social relationships, movement and physical domains, sensory integration and eating and drinking.
Our approach is planted in relationship-based early intervention which means we seek to honour and further develop secure relationships and involve you as key partners in therapy.
Our job is to make it fun and meaningful for everyone. Early childhood therapists will assist your child with goals like these:
- Be an active participant in family routines and outings
- Learn to roll, sit, crawl, walk, jump, hop, skip and climb
- Learn new routines like getting ready for school
- Develop ways to communicate what I want, prefer and need
- Learn to say and understand new words
- Enjoy a wider range of foods
- Be more prepared and relaxed in new places
- Understand and regulate my body in response to different sensory information
Mamre offers a mobile service, we can come to you in the locations where your child spends time or you can come to us at our therapy space in Newmarket. We also offer telehealth so you can connect with your therapist via interactive live video but stay comfortable at home.
You can read more about our early childhood approach called Connect Play Learn here.
Children (7-18 years)
Therapy with children focuses on learning, play and being part of a family and community.
Mamre’s therapists focus on each child’s individual needs, strengths and goals and work collaboratively with parents and other important people.
Therapy focus areas for children include:
- assistive technology and equipment
- building independence in activities of life
- developing your child’s resilience
- understanding emotions and developing social skills
- education and information about approaches, strategies and tools that support your child
- preparing for school
- developing hobbies and interest areas
- functional capacity assessments
Mamre offers a mobile service. We can come to you in the locations where your child spends time or you can come to us at our therapy space in Newmarket. We also offer telehealth so you can connect with your therapist via interactive live video but stay comfortable at home.
Therapy with adults supports you to define and create the life you want to live.
We know your therapy goals are as diverse as you.
Therapy input for adults can create an accurate point in time assessment, identify potential areas for growth, and other times ongoing therapy is just the thing to help you pursue your dreams.
Some examples of therapy goals for adults:
- Be an active participant in your family
- Make friends and build relationships
- Take a holiday, or travel overseas
- Build independence in activities of daily life
- Live on your own or with friends
- Study, work or build your business
- Explore assistive technology to build your independence
- Strengthen your communication
- Be more prepared and relaxed in places and spaces
- Understand and regulate your body
Mamre offers a mobile service, we can come to you in the locations where you spend time or you can come to us at our therapy space in Newmarket. We also offer telehealth so you can connect with your therapist via interactive live video but stay comfortable at home.