At Mamre, we focus on providing the support you need to live the life you want. Our focus, during this confusing time, is on continuing our high-quality services to all families.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our people, their families and our staff. We have made some changes to our services in response to the COVID-19 health situation.
The services that we’ve been working on include all allied health services (occupational therapy, speech therapy and psychology), in-home and out-of-home support and supported independent living.
We continue to update the way that we provide support and services in response to the latest government and health department recommendations regarding COVID-19.
How we’re keeping everyone safe:
These are just a few of the actions we’ve taken to maximise the safety and health of all people in our community.
- All Mamre staff have completed the Department of Health infection control training
- Mamre has committed to paying all support workers if they need to quarantine, self-isolate or miss a shift for COVID testing.
- We’re continuously sharing important messages with the team members including contact tracing alerts
- Mamre is following a COVID Safe Plan in Newmarket and Sherwood offices with many staff working remotely until January 2021.
- We are minimising face-to-face time across some services.
- We have PPE, in the event of a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Mamre has recommended all staff receive a flu vaccination and staff will be reimbursed for this cost.
- Reminding everyone to practice good hygiene.
General Coronavirus Information
- Dept of Communities, Disability Services & Seniors – If you have no other means of getting food or essential items please call the Community Recovery Hotline – 1800 173 349
- Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline: 1800 020 080
- Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus App – Apple App Store or Google Play
- Australian Government Department of Health – Advice for people with a disability
- Australian Government Department of Health – Factsheet to support families of a person with a disability
- Aust Government – Alerts and news updates
- Aust Government – Identifying the symptoms
- Qld Health – Feeling unwell? Take the Coronavirus quiz
- Corona myth busters from the World Health Organisation
- Queenslanders with Disability Network – Person-centred emergency preparedness planning tool
- Coronavirus materials from The Growing Space
- Updates, training, alerts and resources for NDIS participants and providers
- Easy read Coronavirus Information
- Frequently Asked Questions from the NDIS – What happens when…
- Department of Social Services – Information and support for people with disability and carers
- Priority Home Delivery Services using an NDIS code
Hygiene & Infection Control Resources
- Australian Department of Health – COVID-19 infection control 30-minute online training for health workers in all settings
- NDIS Commission – Updates, training and resources for NDIS participants and providers
- Disability Services Consulting – Free e-learning training best practice in infection prevention
Emotional Support, Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Lifeline Australia – Crisis support and suicide prevention – Ph: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue – Support service for depression, anxiety – Ph: 1300 22 4636
- Australian Government – Department of Health – Head to Health – Find the right digial mental health resources for your needs.
- Kids Helpline – Any time and any reason for people aged 5-25 – Ph: 1800 55 1800
- Feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed – Connect with your GP – Many GPs are offering online consultations
- Concerned about your mental health or someone you know? – Qld Mental Health Team Ph: 1300 64 22 55
- Family and Child Connect – connect you with the local services you need to make things better for you and your family.
- Parentline telephone counselling – Ph: 1300 301 300
- World Health Organisation – coping with stress factsheet
- Domestic Violence Hotline – 1800 RESPECT – 1800 737 732
- Wellways – Carer specific counselling and online support
Navigating your supports
- Online therapy (sometimes called telehealth) can be an effective way to ensure the continuation of your therapy supports. NDIS approve this method of delivery.
- Mamre’s Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Pathologist and Psychologist are all able to offer this service
- Ask your therapist to develop a home program for you to follow, write your upcoming NDIS summary of therapy report, create resources or training specific to you/ your family member
- Some ideas are: develop an all about me book or video resource, develop training and information relating to communication, sensory processing, emotional regulation that can be shared with schools, day centres, support workers, anyone involved in supporting you / your family member into the future
- Do you have identified equipment or Assistive Technology needs that require an AT assessment? See if your therapist can work with you on this.
- Do you have Level 1 and 2 AT in your plan – consult with your therapist about what items may support you
- Centrelink has announced stimulus packages for eligible people. Click here to see if you’re eligible.
- National Debt Helpline. Free financial support and counselling – 1800 007 007
- The COVID-19 Renal Grant – Available to Queenslanders who are financially affected by the pandemic
- Australian Government Department of Health – Home Medicine Services – Have your prescription delivered to your home
- ih8cooking – Three types of home cooking on offer. A Full Cook will provide up to 25 individual serves (5 meals) or our Mini Cook you get a total of 15 individual serves (from 3 meals)! All meals come with ingredient labels and reheating instructions.
Do you have a question?
Mamre is staying on top of all the coronavirus information. If you have a question or need practical help, please email us at [email protected] or call 07 3622 1222.