Education & Entertainment Resources during COVID-19
At Mamre we’re adapting to this new world where we all need to focus on social distancing. We thought it would be nice to share a few educational and entertaining ideas that may be suitable for you, at home.
If you are looking for important COVID-19 updates, please see this page dedicated to important updates.
- Qld Government Department of Education – Learning at Home with online resources and tools to support students
- Twinkl – Online classes for primaray school children: Prep to Grade 6. Use code: AUSTRCODE for free 30 day access
- CoordiKids – Online Childhood Development programs
- Virtual Field Trips – 30 virtual field trips. Explore the surface of Mars or visit the Great Wall of China
- The Body Coach – 250 workouts at home, for all fitness levels
- Entertaining children at home – 100 activity ideas
- Apartment Therapy – Fun things to do at home
- Good Housekeeping – 50 crafts to keep kids entertained for hours
- Lifehack – 30 fun things to do at home
- Family eGuide – 110 Boredom Busters for families and children
Tips for Parents
- Super Needs Mum – working from home with kids
- Coronavirus in Australia – Kirsty Holcombe, explaining social distancing with a Tarheel Reader book
- Australian Childhood Foundation – Explaining coronavirus to children
- The Wiggles – Explaining social distancing through song
- Need a hand? – Join the Brisbane Acts of Kindness Group here
Deciding to participate in usual activities?
It’s important that every person is supported to reflect upon their own situation and make the decisions that are best for them.
Here are some suggestions for reflection:
- Are you in a high-risk group for COVID-19? (over 70 or have existing health conditions? – If yes, you may choose to be more cautious and stay home from regular activities where there will be other people
- Am I feeling well today?
- Can you ask for some additional information about where you’re going before you go there. For example:
- Is everyone there currently well?
- Has anyone there been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Has anyone there returned from travel overseas in the past 14 days?
- Is that place likely to have lots of people? One key health recommendation is creating social distance (stay 1.5m away from another person when possible) and not going places where there are likely to be lots of other people.
- Can we modify that activity in some way for right now? For example, if we usually go to play sport with others, can we set up a game in the back yard instead?
Do you have a question?
Mamre is staying on top of all the coronavirus information. If you have a question or need a little practical help, please email us at [email protected] or call 07 3622 1222.
We will do our best to keep up to date with all changes as they happen and to keep families informed. Feel free to email us if you have information to add or update.