Supported Independent Living
Homes that work for you
Supported Independent Living
If you want greater independence, control and choice in your life, including deciding where you live, who you live with and how you live, Supported Independent Living (SIL) may suit you. Whether you're interested in a Mamre SIL house or looking for SIL in your own private residence, together we can help create your home-sweet-home.
Mamre’s SIL houses are professionally managed by our team with your safety, privacy and comfort our top priorities. Our SIL houses are conveniently located and comfortably furnished, and we match you with housemates based on your needs, lifestyle choices and interests.
Our SIL houses
If we don’t have a SIL vacancy or a house that's right for you, please get in touch. We’ll let you know as soon as a room or house becomes available.
Brisbane Northside SIL house
- 3 beds, 2 living, 2 bathrooms
- 3 vacant bedrooms
- 24/7 support
- To find out more or arrange a viewing, submit an enquiry below
Why choose one of our SIL houses?
- Our supported decision-making approach ensures your lifestyle choices are realised
- Convenient locations close to shops, cinemas and leisure facilities
- Comfortably furnished to a high standard
- Enjoy the company of others
- Strong community connections so you feel part of the local community
- Professionally managed, with your safety, privacy and comfort our priorities
- Support staff onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to additional services such as Allied Health and Support Coordination.
Supported Independent Living includes
Mamre provides 24/7 support to SIL customers, but the choice is up to you. We’ll tailor your support hours to suit your needs.
Our Support Workers assist you with personal care like showering and dressing in a dignified and respectful way.
We deliver support that’s tailored to your needs and goals. You decide what matters most to you and we make it happen.
From finances to medication management, we help you organise your home the way you want it.
Supported Decision Making
We use a supported decision-making framework to ensure your lifestyle choices are realised every day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Supported Independent Living (SIL) helps you live as independently as possible, while building your skills. It is best suited to people with disability who have higher support needs, such as overnight care and assistance with daily tasks. SIL includes help or supervision with daily tasks, like personal care or cooking meals.
You can access SIL if you live in a share house or in a house by yourself. We can assist you to find a home that suits your needs. Our SIL houses provide high-quality, long-term accommodation tailored to your living preferences, with 24/7 onsite care. We can also assist with financial management of your SIL funding, and can match you with Support Workers who will help you with daily living and capacity building so you can live independently in your home.