November 15, 2021
We introduced our new e-learning platform Power to You a few months ago and hope you’ve had the chance to look at our first three modules, which are available for free. We’ve had some great feedback from Support Coordinators and Community Members.
If you missed our last post about Power to You, here’s a refresher:
Power to You is an e-learning program designed by and for people with disability. The program supports people with disability to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence necessary for building connections and relationships with others.
With our motto being to Make it Happen – sharing the journey and goals achieved is an integral part of our design framework and we’ve begun to build our online Community of Practice as we work towards launching our first Facebook live event for Power to You users in February.
Our next five modules are with our co-designers and we have some fantastic information coming your way as we move into production. Modules about decision making, safety and home, to name a few, are on their way!
The program takes users on a learning journey to:
• Think about and uncover what their version of a good life looks like
• Plan with resources that will help them to create the life they choose
• Find the roles they have or want in their personal life, community and work life
• Understand their rights to inclusion, participation, privacy and confidentiality
• Make it Happen by turning their vision into reality!
If you’d love to be part of the Power to You community, or learn more about this new initiative, please visit: www.powertoyou.org.au