• Newmarket office closed due to flooding - Contact: 07 3622 1222
DONATE
What does good therapy look like - two women sitting on a couch talking in a therapists office In Therapy

What does good therapy look like?

April 23, 2020

How do I spot what good therapy looks like? Well, it should make you feel … 

You feel confident that your therapist knows you, digs your personality and understands what makes you tick.

Your therapist listens to what you want to create in your life. Everything you do in therapy supports your vision for your best life.

Your therapist works with you to make therapy fun! Topics of discussion, activities, and ideas include things you are interested in.

Your therapist discusses the successes and challenges of your own environment and adapts the therapy sessions to support this.

You feel safe with your therapist as they know how to connect with you which creates safe spaces.

Your therapist sets you up for success where 20% of the work is challenging and the other 80% feels familiar and gives you a sense of success.

You know that your therapist measures your progress and satisfaction against your therapy goals.

Your therapist meets you for therapy wherever you feel most comfortable and could include places like the park, sitting in a car, walking around, at cafés, and many other places. At Mamre, we often do therapy in the most novel places!

Your therapist has strategies to assist your independence but they also know that the important people in your life contribute to your success. They have ideas to guide and educate your whole team including parents, friends, carers, family members, co-workers, and teachers with strategies and tools to get everyone on board with your mission to thrive.

Your therapist works with you to match things you learn in sessions to real life.

Your therapist provides you with information in the ways you like to communicate and that supports you. But also lets your important people know what you did, what worked well, and what to practice between sessions.