Your Service, Your Rights workshops
Date: , 9:30am - 11:30am
Location: Mamre Head Office - Level 1/230 Lutwyche Rd, Windsor
Join us at the Mamre head office as we host Parent 2 Parent for four free Your Service, Your Rights workshops on 5 and 12 April.
Your Service, Your Rights helps you learn about:
- your right to receive good quality services as part of your NDIS Plan
- speaking up
- making complaints.
The workshops are for people with intellectual disability and their supporters. Each workshop is on a different topic:
- Rights and services: what are rights and why are they important for everyone? How do you know if you’re getting your rights met by your service provider?
- NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission - Code of Conduct and complaints: what is the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission? What do support workers need to do to make sure you and your rights are respected? How can you make a complaint to the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission?
- Speaking up and supports: why it is important to speak up? Where can you get support? What can an advocate offer you?
- Being involved: what are the things your service provider can do to include you in making sure your service is safe and of good quality?
Each workshop runs for two hours and is open to all Mamre customers, their support networks and our community members. We recommend you attend all four sessions, but if you can only attend one, two or three workshops that’s okay too.
- Workshop 1 – Wednesday 5 April, 9:30am – 11.30am
- Workshop 2 – Wednesday 5 April, 12.30pm – 2:30pm
- Workshop 3 – Wednesday 12 April, 9:30am – 11.30am
- Workshop 4 – Wednesday 12 April, 12.30pm – 2:30pm
Venue: Mamre Windsor office, level 1/230 Lutwyche Road, Windsor 4030.
Spaces are limited so register today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] to register today.